- Copyright — Extensive site by the UConn Libraries.
- Copyright Resource Guide (Indiana U) Information on fair use and higher education, getting permissions, distance ed, special media, etc. (Previously known as the Copyright Management Center (IUPUI)
- Crash Course in Copyright (UT Austin)
- Copyright Law for Theatre People by Louis E. Catron, Professor of Theatre, College of William and Mary. Basic copyright concepts as they relate to theatre; has dozens of links. Reprinted in Theatre Sources Dot Com: A Complete Guide to Online Theatre and Dance Resources by Louis E. Catron. Music Library Ref. PN 2052 .C38 2001, Chapter 11 ("Copyright Law for Theatre"): 191-215.
- Getting Permissions (from UT Austin's Crash Course in Copyright) Gives an overview of organizations and steps to receive permissions. Includes music, plays, images, etc.
- Obtaining Rights to Produce a Play or Musical or Use Music in Live Performances
by Rachel Durkin, Manager of Performing Arts Center, UT Austin
- Musicals.101: Performance Rights -- Includes a Show Rights Index (American rights providers for over 500 major musicals) and guide to tracking down Hard to Find Musicals.
- Image Copyright from Finding Images on the Web (Boston U.) -- Nice outline and links. Good starting point.
- Proposal for Educational Fair Use: Guidelines for Digital Images (CONFU) and Proposal for Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia (CONFU) -- Detailed guidelines.
- Considering Copyright Issues from An Introduction to Finding Images on the Web (H. Abbey) -- Useful links.
- A Guide to Copyright for Music Librarians FAQs, current issues, guidelines, and resources pertaining to the use of music, particularly in academic settings.
- Historical Recording Coalition for Access and Preservation (HRCAP) "Established in 2008 to advocate for changes in U.S. copyright law to enable better preservation of and access to America’s rich recorded heritage, without harming the legitimate interests of creators."
- Licensing Organizations (e.g., ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc. ) See UT Austin's Permissions page.
- Music Education Copyright Center from MENC (National Association for Music Education) et al. Guide for educators, teaching copyright to students, FAQ, and links to licensing agencies.
- Music Publishers Association Copyright Resource Center Extensive site for printed music.
- PD Info: Music in the Public Domain Explains PD and helps identify public domain songs and music. Points to other resources. Also discusses royalty-free music (for presentations, advertising, etc.).
- Video Screenings and Performance Rights (UConn Libraries Copyright site)
- TEACH Act Information -- The TEACH Act allows educators to perform or display copyrighted works in distance education environments, albeit under specified conditions.