Digital Audio Reserve: Information for Instructors
Digital Audio Reserve (DAR) provides streamed audio access to music owned by the University Libraries or the instructor through the Library Resources page in HuskyCT.
Instructors will need to complete the following steps:
- Consult with the Music & Dramatic Arts Library's Access Services Coordinator about deadlines and specific needs for processing your audio requests.
- Consult the DAR copyright policy (PDF) for materials that may or may not be included in DAR.
- Follow these instructions for making reserve requests. Click on the icon for Audio Stream and complete the form to make your request.
- If you are using personal copies of music CDs, they must have been legally purchased.
- If the library does not own the recordings, on the Audio Stream request form on the Library Resources page in HuskyCT choose the option asking us to consider purchase and the Music Librarian will review your request.
- If you wish to be notified when an item has been added to your course reserve list in HuskyCT select Email Subscription on the Library Resources page in HuskyCT.
- Check all links to ensure that the correct audio stream matches its link's title.
NOTE: The library will also place the physical CD(s) on reserve. Audio streaming is available to enrolled students only.WARNING: Reproducing or distributing those streams is prohibited.