Request Seminar Room(s)
- Music and Dramatic Arts Library Seminar Room Schedule (daily, weekly, or monthly)
- Seminar Room Policies -- There are two Seminar Rooms; one located in the basement of the Library and the other on Level 2. These rooms are used primarily for library instruction, music and drama seminars, and staff training. See policy for details.
- To request one of the seminar rooms, contact:
- Lois Fletcher -- email@example.com, 486-6702
- Anna Kijas -- firstname.lastname@example.org, 486-0519
- Include the course name/number (MUSI 1005), instructor, date, and time.
- Create an account in the room scheduling site, check the room schedule, then use the calendar to fill out an online request. (Please consult a library supervisor for instructions.) The reservation will be confirmed or denied via email.
- Walk Ins: if the room is not reserved, it may be used on a first-come, first-served basis whenever the library is open; some restrictions apply, such as, they are not for group or individual study..
- All users: ask for and check-out the Seminar Room key at the M&DA Library's circulation desk.
Placing Course Reserves
A professional librarian is available to provide library instruction for classes. Sessions may be formal or informal. Several types of instruction are available:
- Library orientations (general or geared to a particular user group);
- Workshops focusing on one type of library resource or musical topic;
- Course-integrated instruction that targets a particular assignment or task;
- One-on-one instruction in the use of the library and its resources.
The instructor and librarian will discuss goals, desired resources, and outcomes in advance. With enough notice, the librarian may create a handout or Web page, if appropriate. Contact the Music and Dramatic Arts Librarian or a subject specialist in another discipline for more details.