The Music & Dramatic Arts Library (MDAL) Circulation Desk maintains a selection of required course reserve materials, as well as online digital audio reserves, in support of the music and dramatic arts curriculums.
Video streams and electronic course reserves (ECR) for music and dramatic arts course reserves are maintained by the Babbidge Library Reserve Services department.
Submit ALL requests for reserve materials online through the Library Resources tool in HuskyCT.
Items dropped off at the MDAL Circulation Desk for reserve processing must have an accompanying online request submitted through the Library Resources tool in HuskyCT.
Hard copy reserve lists are no longer accepted.
Deadline for submitting Reserve Requests
January 6, 2014Avoid processing delays by submitting your reserve requests by the deadline posted above..
Instructors: How To Request Materials For Reserve
- Traditional Course Reserves (TCR): books, scores, music CDs, DVDs, etc.
- Digital Audio Reserve (DAR)
- Electronic Course Reserves (ECR): ejournal articles, ebooks, video streaming, chapter scans
Digital Audio Reserves (DAR), Electronic Course Reserves (ECR), Books, Scores, music CDs, Videos/DVDs
DAR and ECR items are accessed directly from the Library Resources page in your HuskyCT course.
Call numbers for hard copy items (books, scores, music CDs, DVDs) are found on the Library Resources page of your HuskyCT course.
To find the Library Resources page and the list of items on reserve for your course:
- Log in to HuskyCT.
- Click on your course.
- From the left column menu, click on Library Resources.
- From the list of items, click on the needed item.
- For hard copy items, the call number is located at the bottom of the page.
- Take the call number to the MDAL Circulation Desk and the Desk Attendant will pull the item for you.
- Use your UConn photo ID to check out the Reserve item.
- For DAR or ECR items, click on View this Item and the digitized music or the e-item will open automatically.
- If there are problems opening the files or trouble with HuskyCT, contact the Digital Learning Center (DLC).
- Reserve Help Pages for students.